Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Our Visit to the Tour Eiffel + Avenue Des Champs-Élysées

I've been trying to organize all of our 8,000 photos from our trip and that has taken quite a while! lol Yes, Steven and I took turns taking pictures and we were trigger happy (especially him!). I had enough SD cards because I didn't want to miss a thing! Now, I'm not going to post every single picture, so I've been filtering through them slowly! Here are the pics from our visit to the top of the Tour Eiffel and the Arc de Triomph. We also strolled down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, which is an avenue filled with lots of shops (very ritzy ones) and restaurants. I would compare it to 5th Ave. in NYC. It has a similar vibe and it's filled with tons of people and traffic! This is were we had the amazing macaroons from Ladurée, which are like a little piece of heaven! Finally, I just have to say that this was day #6 for us! By this day we were pretty beat because we had done so much already. Going up those stairs at the arc was no joke! Lucky for us, there was a lift at the Eiffel Tower, otherwise, I don't think we would've made it up there! 

If you're going to Paris, you should definitely add these to your list of things to do because the views are breathtaking! I would suggest going in the morning to the Eiffel Tower to get your tickets since the lines are much smaller or you can order it far in advance and get your tix in the mail, which is something we didn't have enough time to do as our trip was planned in about 3 weeks. HA! For the Arc de Triomphe, we had a Paris Pass, which included the visit to the top of the arc. 

If you have been to Paris, which one of these was your favorite view of the two? I would have to say that out of these two views, my favorite is the arc's view because you can see the Tour Eiffel! But, my absolute favorite view of Paris is from the towers of Notre-Dame, which I will share very soon! xo
[Front view]
[Inside of the tower is this vignette with Mr. Eiffel...he looks so real!]
 [On the way to the Arc de Triomphe]
[Arc de Triomphe]
[The most dangerous road in the world...the roundabout at the Arc de Triomphe!]



[The stairs at the Arc de Triomph]
[I fell asleep waiting for them...we were all so exhausted!]
[The view from the arc]









[Under the arc]

[Down the famous Avenue Des Champs-Élysées!]
[The BEST macaroons in all the land!]
[Cheers!] 

No comments:

Post a Comment