Sunday, August 28, 2011

last week

wow, i can't believe i haven't blogged in ten days! it really has felt like an eternity. the past week was chaotic at work. i had a very important visit, so getting ready for it was crazy and it literally took all of my time and sanity. i barely had time to get online or even IG on my phone. =/ i feel so disconnected from everything, but -of course- my job is priority and hard work really does pay off because it was a success! luckily, i was able to snap a few pics during the week...enjoy!
even with the busy-ness of my week, i was able to make it to the beach last week for a couple of hours. 
it was my friend's "mustaches & sombreros" birthday fiesta! 
we LOVE to dress up! lol 
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 last SUNDAY's OUTFIT
 last sunday, i woke up late and didn't have much time to get dressed for church, which is not really a surprise. haha sundays are really special to me because ever since i was a little girl my parents always made it important to wear our best threads for church on sundays. looking messy or just like whatever was not an option and that will live with me forever! lucky for me, my guy was raised the same way! =) 
so, even without a lot of time to get ready i was happy with my choice!
people have been asking me for some tips on mixing and matching prints, so here is one: 
treat black and white prints (such as stripes, plaid, dots, etc.) as ONE color!
if you are able to see it as one, you can pair it with anything and it will look amazing!!! 
i chose the plaid skirt first and then stumbled upon this floral top, while looking for another floral top and it went perfectly. i paired it with the red belt, so i could blend the prints together and voila! 
mix matching prints is my fave, but its all about the color schemes and feeling confident with your choice! 

pencil skirt, blouse, belt, clutch: vintage
suede peep-toe slingbacks: nine west
earrings: f21

 XXXxoO

No comments:

Post a Comment