Thursday, November 13, 2014

Love Lock Bridge

The second part of our little romantic photo shoot on our last day in Paris was something that had been on my bucket list for a while. I have always wanted to put a lock on the Pont des Arts and toss the keys into the Seine River. You know, like everyone else does?! Yeah!!!! This bridge is filled with locks and you are constantly seeing couples locking their love locks on their. This was on our to do list and we decided to make it a part of our little shoot. We had bought a lock with a little Eiffel Tower engraved on it earlier that day and our friends, Yary & David,  purchased theirs right at the bridge from a man that was selling them on a bench. We all did the whole lovey-dovey thing and it was so cheesy and romantic, but I loved every second of it. The best part was our timing. We didn't really plan to be at the bridge during the most beautiful light in Paris, which is right at sunset but it just kind of worked out that way. That pink sky is so gorgeous, I could just sit and stare at it forever. I would say that these are the moments that people talk about in movies and books. That whole magical love feeling...yeah, that's real! Well, it's the closest feeling to literally having wings and flying and it's more of something you choose to feel as opposed to it just happening. My husband and I always say that love is a choice and we choose to love each other every day. That whole "feeling" people talk about is something that everyone can have, but it is their choice to want to feel it. Those choices bring joy and happiness and that just seems like a no brainer. My wish for everyone is to enjoy Paris or any romantic place and feel the same way I felt while I was there. This entire day was pure bliss and I'm so glad we documented the entire thing. I would say that the place is not really what makes that whole feeling come to life. It's all about the person you experience it with and for us, Paris was the perfect background setting and just an added bonus! xo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment